The holidays come with an unspoken pressure to look and feel our best. Don’t let the hustle and bustle of the season keep you from showing up to soirees fully confident and glowing. Whether you’re attending a family gathering, work function or friend celebrations, light up every room with our tips for looking your best for every occasion.
How to Reduce Wrinkles and Fine Lines with “Tox” Injectables
Imagine taking years off your face with just a few minutes at our office. Tox injections (wrinkle relaxers) like Dysport and Xeomin are used to target expression lines, and soften fine lines and wrinkles.
These injectables are most commonly used around the eyes to diminish crow's feet, on the forehead to release creases and lines, around the nose to reduce “bunny lines,” and along the neck to reduce jowls. Small amounts are often used around the upper lip for a procedure called “lip flip” which relaxes the muscles around the top lip for a fuller, pouty look. This treatment can also be used to lift the brows for a more youthful look.
Tip: When planning your next Dysport or Xeomin treatment, consider that visible results take several days up to several weeks to show. We recommend scheduling your appointment in advance, to see maximum results.
2. Pre-plan your Aesthetic Appointments and Beat the Holiday Rush
Here a few key considerations when booking your next visit at La Fleur:
• Keep in mind how long a treatment takes to show visible results
• Consider any downtime for aftereffects like swelling or bruising to subside
• Factor in how many treatments it might take to reveal optimal results
• Ask about treatments that can provide more immediate results or treatments that can be used in tandem to provide visible results quickly
3. Switch to Medical-grade Skincare Products
Give yourself the gift of great skin, everyday. Medical grade skincare products are NOT the same as what you find at your typical retail store. In fact, professional medical-grade skin care products can give you better results and improved skin conditions that your typical drugstore products could never.
4. Use Filler to Enhance and Sculpt Your Features
La Fleur offers several types of Restylane fillers: Defyne, Refyne Contour, Lyft and Kysse. Each filler type is designed to enhance and shape a part of the face to achieve a desired aesthetic.
Contrary to popular belief, in most instances, fillers provide a subtle change to the face that enhances your natural features, while improving, diminishing or augmenting areas of concern. With fillers we can reshape, add volume, create definition and contour parts of the face like the cheeks, lips, chin, nose, under eyes and mouth.
These are the 5 types of fillers that La Fleur offers:
• Defyne is used around the chin to create a youthful and defined profile
• Refyne is softens laugh and smile lines around the mouth
• Contour is a cheek filler designed to define the cheeks
• Kysse is used to enhance and plump lips
• Lyft is used in the hands and cheeks to provide a more youthful appearance
5. Use Microneedling to Restore Tone and Texture in the Face
Microneedling is a minimally-invasive cosmetic treatment that is used to stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen and elastin. The result is healthy, glowing skin.
During the procedure micro-needles are used to puncture tiny channels in the skin. This triggers the body to naturally repair the skin, resulting in cellular turn-over that reveals clearer, and more youthful-looking skin. Results can be shown after the first treatment, with improvement over the course of 4-6 weeks. Most clients see their best results after multiple treatments.
Results from Microneedling
• More youthful-looking skin around the cheeks, chin, forehead and mouth
• Diminished fine lines and wrinkles
• Improved tone and texture
• Reduced pores, reduction in scarring from acne
• Improvement in discoloration, sun and age spots
Put your best face forward at all of your holiday celebrations. Now is the time to start planning ahead to make sure you reap the full benefits of your aesthetic treatments. It’s always recommended that you allow enough time for any recovery downtime, repeat treatment sessions or time it takes to see max effects, when planning for an appointment.
6. Using Chemical Peels (no-peel peel) for a Better Complexion
Chemical peels can help reveal a smoother, improved complexion. No-peel peels are at the top of many clients’ lists because they stimulate the same cellular restoration as a traditional peel, without social downtime for healing.
Results from a chemical peel include:
• Improved tone and texture
• Softer and smoother skin
• Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
• Smoothing of small scars, discoloration and pores
• Firming in the skin on the face and around the neck and chest
• Reduced signs of aging
7. Stay Healthy + Hydrated
It is always worth repeating that health is internal. Staying hydrated, eating proper amounts of essential vitamins and nutrients, getting enough quality sleep, reducing exposure to environmental factors (like cold, sun, winds, pollution), managing stress, and taking measures to have a healthy daily routine can all impact how you not only look, but also how you feel.